April 19th, 2018
A man was injured Thursday morning at Dakota Yeast, LLC. while he was unloading hydrous ammonia from his semi. Ryan Moody, 43, was sprayed in the face by hydrous ammonia, resulting in a chemical burn. He was transported to St. Francis Hospital in Breckenridge. Sanford AirMed then airlifted Moody to Sanford Hospital in Fargo. No word was given on Moody’s condition.
The incident remains under investigation by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Dwight Fire, Ambulance Service, Inc., and the Richland County Sheriff’s Office responded to the incident.