Fire Leaves Family Without a Home

KBMW News
March 13th, 2018

A FAMILY IN WAHPETON IS WITHOUT A HOME AFTER A FIRE LAST NIGHT.  RICHLAND COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR, BRETT LAMBRECHT TELLS KBMW NEWS, WHEN FIRE UNITS ARRIVED ON THE SCENE THE HOME, LOCATED AT 606 10 ½ STREET NORTH HAD SMOKE AND FLAMES COMING FROM THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE.  THE HOME IS OCCUPIED BY DOUG AND MICHELE SOUKUP AND THEIR FOUR CHILDREN. NO INJURIES WERE REPORTED. FIRE FIGHTERS WERE ON THE SCENE FOR ABOUT FOUR HOURS.  IT IS BELIEVED THE FIRE WAS CAUSED BY A DRYER.  THE WAHPETON POLICE DEPARTMENT ALSO ASSISTED AT THE SCENE.